My Guru, late Padmashree Pushpa Bhuyan, is a world renowned legend in Bharatnatyam. In 2002, Pushpa Bhuyan recieved Padmashree for her oustanding contribiution to dance. She was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for her outstanding achievements in Bharatnatyam. In addition to Bharatnatyam, Guru Pushpa Bhuyan is also a legend in the Art of Sattriya Dance from the province of Assam.
I started dancing Bharatnatyam at the age of nine, and ever since I have been a very devoted student of my Guru. I was acting as the head teacher of my Guru's school in India teaching hundreds of students, guiding them through Arangetram and had been performing in various prestigious programs.
I also teach Bollywood dance, and has been choreographing Folk, Indian Classical (Sattriya from Assam), and Bollywood dances.
Qualifications & Achievements:
- Diploma in Bharat Natyam under Guru Padmashree Pushpa Bhuyan and external examiner Padmabhushan Yamini Krishnamurthy,
- National Scholarship in Bharata Natyam by Human Resource Development, Govt. of India,
- Special training under Guru C.K. Balagopalan (Prof. of Kalakshetra, Chennai, Sangeet-Natak Academy award winner),
- Distinction, B.A. in Bharatnatyam
- Graded Artist of Doordarshan Kendra
- Prepared hundreds of students for diploma under Guru